Omega 3 portion for cat

THE KASPER

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meow

How much of this omega 3 to give to cat?

Is this human omega 3 formula okay for adult cat? It didn't contain any weird or harmful ingredients. A pill is 1000mg of omega 3 but the EPA is 180mg and the DHA is 120mg. It also contains 5mg of vitamin E per capsule which seems good becus as it can stop over fat oxidisation.

How much should i divide the pill to give my adult cat (5.7 to 6kg)? Is dividing the 1000mg of omega 3 into 4 parts and giving 1 part a day safe?

Our "premium" food contained only 0.93% of omega 3 while the EPA and DHA is only 0.33%😑

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - have you had a chance to talk to your vet about adding this to your cat's diet? That's always a good idea.

I used human fish oil that was 1200 mg/360 mg of omega3, and although I'm not a vet, you're likely ok by giving a quarter of it. However, you might skip at least a day or two, or more between servings/dosages.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

THE KASPER

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi - have you had a chance to talk to your vet about adding this to your cat's diet? That's always a good idea.

I used human fish oil that was 1200 mg/360 mg of omega3, and although I'm not a vet, you're likely ok by giving a quarter of it. However, you might skip at least a day or two, or more between servings/dosages.

The vet always says no need any supplement except if underweight.

Alright thank you