Omega 3 fatty acid recommendations?

sunshi500

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any liquid Omega 3 recommendations for cats? Our vet said this might help with her excessive dander and to get the liquid kind, but didn't have a specific recommendation for us

Thanks!
Amanda & Oreo

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I purchased a product called Omegease for my cat's dander based on the hundreds of positive reviews at amazon.  I spent quite a long time researching similar products before deciding on this one.  By the time it arrived, my kitty's dandruff was already vanishing thanks to a strict daily brushing routine but I still tried it.  Paul, the cat with the dandruff, was extremely reluctant to eat his food even though all I added were a few drops.  In other words, I can't personally vouch for this working but many other people can, if you check amazon. 

If your cat doesn't like the taste of fish, you may want to research those Omega 3 fish oil products which claim to be unscented. Paul did eventually eat his food but he eats anything.  Pickier cats might refuse it.

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any liquid Omega 3 recommendations for cats? Our vet said this might help with her excessive dander and to get the liquid kind, but didn't have a specific recommendation for us

Thanks!
Amanda & Oreo
Welactin is a great OFA product. OFA'S are one of the very few supplements which have some research behind it in terms of their effectiveness. Welactin has been tested and I use this with my dog. For cats it comes in capsules but you can simply pierce a capsule and add it to your cat's food.