older cat salty

caity_bean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
as i posted before my gf and i just got a kitten about 3 months old today. my older cat gary of course is upset and not taking it well but our other cat tofu is totally acting normal and fine with the new smells. gary has been hissing at my gf and i which is normal (he acted this way to us when we got tofu) BUT he’s starting to hiss at tofu and swat at her for things he never did before? is this just him being like i need space i’m upset or is this a bigger issue we need to stop now?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

caity_bean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
as i posted before my gf and i just got a kitten about 3 months old today. my older cat gary of course is upset and not taking it well but our other cat tofu is totally acting normal and fine with the new smells. gary has been hissing at my gf and i which is normal (he acted this way to us when we got tofu) BUT he’s starting to hiss at tofu and swat at her for things he never did before? is this just him being like i need space i’m upset or is this a bigger issue we need to stop now?
updated: we tried introducing through the crack of the door w both gary and tofu in the room and gary took his aggression out of tofu so should we just do introducing separately until gary shows no aggression then introducing everyone?