Old Man With Acne On His Chin

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Salem (14 years old, retired at my mom’s house) has chin acne and scratched his chin to shreds. I posted about this before. No more plastic plates and a daily water chin wipe/wash is helping. My question is, will zymox cream help him with his acne? Or just the itching? Will it help him at all?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can also try using chamomile tea bags (from the grocery store which are usually German - you don't want English, and you don't want additives or extra flavorings). Brew one in water, cool the liquid, and dab it on the area with a cotton ball multiple times a day. The tea has both soothing and healing properties. And, it is safe if Salem were to lick at it.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner - what a wonderful suggestion! I am going to borrow that idea for my daughter's infected finger since the antibiotics from the doctor weren't very effective and until my daughter gets a fever, modern medicine isn't going to intervene.
danteshuman danteshuman : please let us know if you try the chamomile poultice and, if so, what are the results

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you use Neosporin, use only the plain. Do not use the painkiller added or any other form. Reportedly they don't do well, with cats.