Old Cat Anxiety/stress

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TriciaS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you're right TriciaS TriciaS Still, at his age, next time he gets a physical you might want to consider a full body x-ray, it only takes one to cover most cats, just in case there's something joint wise going on.

I'm a little pushy on the one x-ray because my last vet diagnosed my dog has having anxiety when she actually had arthritis. Vet treated her for anxiety, which not surprisingly never got better, instead of arthritis. We got a correct diagnose 3 weeks before she died, so she had 3 relatively pain free weeks.

That was when I had the cat x-rayed, she was less than a year old and it turned out she had arthritis on several vert
I'm sure you're right TriciaS TriciaS Still, at his age, next time he gets a physical you might want to consider a full body x-ray, it only takes one to cover most cats, just in case there's something joint wise going on.

I'm a little pushy on the one x-ray because my last vet diagnosed my dog has having anxiety when she actually had arthritis. Vet treated her for anxiety, which not surprisingly never got better, instead of arthritis. We got a correct diagnose 3 weeks before she died, so she had 3 relatively pain free weeks.

That was when I had the cat x-rayed, she was less than a year old and it turned out she had arthritis on several vertebra.
Ok I’ll mention it to my vet next time I see him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TriciaS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rescue Remedy
Jackson Galaxy also has Bully and Self Esteem.
Do you want to put your boy 10yr in your room? And keep him there alone?

Of course not! But he has been crying to go down the basement. And when he does I let him hang down there for a bit.

I have Rescue Remedy. And Peacemaker, Self-Esteem, Bully, Sage Space and Stress Stopper. And cbd oil.

What seems to be working the best are the feliway plug-ins and Composure treats. He won’t eat them all the time, especially if they get a little too hard so I just ordered the liquid.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course not! But he has been crying to go down the basement. And when he does I let him hang down there for a bit.

I have Rescue Remedy. And Peacemaker, Self-Esteem, Bully, Sage Space and Stress Stopper. And cbd oil.

What seems to be working the best are the feliway plug-ins and Composure treats. He won’t eat them all the time, especially if they get a little too hard so I just ordered the liquid.
Feliway works wonders.