Okay slightly uneasing topic open and read if you want

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have lived with a lot of kitties in my lifetime but my last bridge kitty, Bartholomew, died in August 2000, at age 16, of HCM...heart failure.
Mew's heart was broken and so was mine.

I still grieve for him.
Bartholomew

filo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Fifi - Male 17 yrs. - Old age - June 3, 1995
Boe- Male 9yrs. - Cancer - November 16, 1998
Baby Filo - Male 7 yrs. - Cardiomyopathy - March 18, 2008
Taylor - Female 18 yrs. - Old age - April 26, 2008

I miss them all dearly.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only lost one cat so far but he died as the result of a blood clot in his neck when he was 8 years old
No idea what caused the blood clot but it was sudden onset. In the morning he was his normal self. When I returned from work he was lying on the floor unable to move. He died at the vets a few hours later.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I was a teenager, I had a beautiful siamese cat named TIGER, he was raised on a busy street in town, we bought a farm in the country and moved. Not two days after we moved, he was hit by a car crossing the street at the age of 3 years old.

As some of you may know, I lost my beautiful BLACK, back in October to liver disease, he was only 2 1/2 years old.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smokey was 17.5 & it was CRF.
Cookie was 7 & it was unknown exactly what cause it, but most likely it was FIV or Feluk.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ashley was 17, cancer..

shadow was 19... she died at home.. old age? couldn't tell you exact COD

that worst one? Kyla.. she was a year old *barely* just turned the start of the month and died at the end of the month from cancer

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll just do the cats that I have had of my own, not childhood kitties. As i only adopt oldies, there have been a few unfortunately.

Charlie - 14, she started fitting two days after surgery for an abscess, vet said it was unrelated, I am still unsure. We had her on morphine for 24 hours, but just after I agreed to keep it going in case she could get better she went naturally. Still feel guilty about that, as it meant she died alone.

Tigger - estimated to be 5, she had suspected FIP. She had fluid in her abdomen, but it wasn't fully positive.

George - ?? - elderly - to date, the only foster I have lost (although this will change at some point this year), he had liver issues.

Snowy - 14ish, she had raised liver enzymes for nearly a year before it developed into cholangiohepatitis - while this can be treated, she refused all meds.

Blackie - 14 - mammary cancer as her owner had never spayed her - all her organs were fine for her age though.

Ginger - 15ish - he went on the street, i will never know what caused it, but he did have a heart murmur, and as he had lived rough for 3 years, it could have been old age.

Pebbles - 11ish - we dont know what caused her death, the vet suspects a tumour in her intestines, but it didn't show up on x-rays done a couple of months before - sadly, she didn't ask if I wanted a postmortem at the time. She had battled quite a few illnesses though.

Tiger - 14 - again, we dont know for certain, but she had a limp that was either due to cancer, or chronic inflammation, plus two arthritic hips. She refused all meds, so when she started acting out of character and picking at her food, I let her go.

RIP babies.

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bobo passed away from liver cancer that met. to his lungs at age 11.75, way too early IMO