Ok to bring cats inside after flea treatment?

Doody

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I picked up two fosters yesterday that showed flea dirt. They were treated with capstar and Advantage multi about 18 hours ago. They have not been in my house yet , and are in a crate in the garage.

Rescue told me to flea comb the dirt out after. Is it ok to do this in my laundry room? Would be hard and risky to do in the garage because they might get away from me.

if all I see is “dirt”, I can then bring them inside my “ cat room” (home office)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Doody

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
to clarify -- what I am asking is that it has been long enough that all the live fleas (if any) will be dead? I have no other pets in the house and so very flea free environment (and want to keep it that way).

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry no one has responded so far. I didn't want to as you already kind of know 'my position' from your last thread. Bringing them in to check them over for fleas is a start - do it and see what, if anything, that you find. Technically, any fleas you would find should be dead or at the very least dying. If you find any that are even slightly still mobile, you know your answer.

Edit: You can also bring them in for daily flea checks if you do find some still hanging on in the first session that you do. That way, you have a gauge on how many are still moving from day-to-day. That was a big indicator for me with Feeby, the less I saw the more progress I knew was being made.

Last edited: