Oil Cleansing For Cat Poo

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So one of my cats has chronic constipation and we manage it with miralax. But admittedly his booty isn't as clean as the others. It often has dried cat poo on it. I've been using baby wipes but they never were effective for dried cat poo. What works is oil! Not only is oil cleansing good at taking off mascara, but it's good for wiping that bum clean! I was totally blown away when I figured this out but no one in my life understands this excitement. Haha. I put some coconut oil on Kleenex and wipe his anus clean. It's like magic.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you found this "miracle cleanser"! I use oil to clean a lot of stubborn things, it works very well on lots of dried, crusty, and sticky things. I actually wash my face with oil :noway: (not that my face is crusty and sticky:rolleyes2:). I never use soap or cleansers anymore and my skin could not be happier!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you found this "miracle cleanser"! I use oil to clean a lot of stubborn things, it works very well on lots of dried, crusty, and sticky things. I actually wash my face with oil :noway: (not that my face is crusty and sticky:rolleyes2:). I never use soap or cleansers anymore and my skin could not be happier!
Oil cleansing for skin is big so it's not strange at all! It's gentle too so it works great. There are some expensive facial cleansing oils out there on the market. $$$

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some expensive facial cleansing oils out there on the market. $$$
I make my own with castor oil and grape seed oil, I have oily skin so the richer "moisturizing oils are too heavy for me. I'll sometimes add essential oils depending on what's going on with my skin at the time as well. If it's breaking out, tea tree, if it needs some "healing", Frankincense and if it feels irritated, lavender. It's very inexpensive when you make your own.
And don't worry, I keep my oils away from kitties!!!