Oh, what FUN past few days

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Can you hear the sound of the sarcasm dripping all over the place?

Friday-through today--eBay battle; still no resolution, despite spending a good portion of the weekend working on it, plus 5 lengthy phone calls today (just got off the line). I literally have a major headache starting. Nobody at eBay, PayPal nor Bill Me Later seems to know what's causing my problem.

The weekend: spent tearing out shelving in the laundry room, so we can re-do it this weekend. Hurt my back moving the washing machine several times, plus all that up-and-down on the ladder for the shelves.

Spent the weekend killing termites (our new pets!) and ants. They were discovered in the garage and in the study. More ants in the pantry when I went to take everything out to clean and re-organize it. Never saw termites before now; realized what they were when I wondered why the ants had wings.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my.  I think you are going to need a little vacation when things are settled again!  (Can I come too? I feel like this: 
 myself tonight!)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I have been battling the ants around here, too. I don't even want to think about termites! I hope things calm down for you soon. I'm inviting myself along on that vacation with you and LeighAnn! 

What are you doing to the laundry room? A big redo? Paint? New shelves? 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Why does everything have to happen at once? :vibes::vibes::vibes: that you get everything straightened out and are rid of the ants and termites soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Even more fun, kids! Just when you thought the fun was over: this morning, I discovered a huge mass of termites on the floor in the downstairs bathroom--it looked like coffee grounds on the floor. Disgusting.  I poured vinegar on them (kills 'em fast!), and now I have to wait for my back to stop hurting enough to bend to clean up the mess. Waiting for the dose of Motrin to kick in...

The eBay thing:  last Friday, I bought a antique cameo (another early birthday gift for myself!), using PayPal and Bill Me Later. I tried to check out; the other stuff from other sellers in the cart went through, but not this item; I keep getting emails from eBay to pay for it. I do, it seems as if it worked, then BINGO--the cycle repeats.  I've repeatedly called eBay, PayPal, and BML; they say nothing is wrong with my account nor finances, and to "try again". I have tried a total of 9 times the past few days. The seller doesn't know what's wrong, either--and I've bought from her before with no problems. Yet, today, when I bought the robot vac in my other post, I decided to use BML to experiment. Everything went smoothly. This is bizarre!

Pam, I hear you about the ants. Yuck!!! I kill mine with vinegar. I get them in 1 corner in the pantry once per summer. I pour vinegar on them, clean them up, then mop that floor with vinegar. They don't come back until the next year. Your invasion sounds very serious, unlike mine, so you do need stronger "tools" to deal with them.

The laundry room: we're totally re-doing it: painting the ceiling, putting up kitchen cabinets, painting the walls, crown & baseboard molding, and new floor tiles. Our washer leaked a few times, water got under the tiles, and many are cracked. I did take before-pics, and will take after ones. I will have a tall pantry cabinet, but not for food: it's to store the vacuum cleaner and cleaning supplies. After seeing the "Dear Kitten" Friskies commercial awhile ago, I now refer to the vac as "The Monster Known as Vakoom"!  I'll also need a spot for the robot vac's charging dock.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you just send a money order at this point to her?  I know it is a pain but it would solve the issue.  Or privately pay with paypal.  I know I had an issue few days ago with Walmart.  I know money is in bank and everything else tookd far as bills/another retailer but walmart kept coming back denied.  Finally just had husband log in and pay with Paypal.