Oh my gosh, it's happened!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never thought I would see the day, but Miss Squeaky has USURPED the King if the household and has TAKEN OVER as THE reigning alpha!!!

I actually saw her raise a single paw to him this evening, to which he flinched, acted submissive, and then backed away slowly!!!

I am completely boggled - she struts around here, and throws herself down like she's owned the place furever, and all other cats (except Ginger, for they seem to have reached a mutual understanding) MUST bow down to her.

She takes all the best spots on the cat condos, chases poor Baby like she's going to kill her, taunts Penny to stop growling and fight like a cat, and all she has to do to Ferris is just LOOK at him crooked, and he's off and hiding!

I knew she'd change the dynamics around here, but OMGoodness, who'da thunk she'd cause Maxwell the BENGAL to give up his crown?!?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very much hoping it's just a temporary thing, that's he's just being, uhm, "nice" to her until she's a bit more settled in.

Seriously, is REALLY weird not to see him running around being THE dominant one.

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I can't imagine that defeat face of him, bless...

kylew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the wild, defeated alphas are cast out, more often than not into the wilderness. Luckily in Max's case that just means the other end of the couch