Oh miss Annabelle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So with no babies showing their face and me thinking my heart was going to give out at any moment because of all the thoughts of everything bad happening (even though my wife thinks Annabelle has me wrapped around her little finger for late night belly rubs and spa lighted wet food dates and playing me as a fiddle hahaha she may be right) I took Annabelle into the vet (precautionary, of coarse)
We have 5 babies (oh good lordie) and mr. vet said babies should be here no later than Sunday but if Annabelle is still holding onto them Monday evening then Tuesday we go back in to talk about our options.
I come home tell the wife, she laughs and says “ I don’t know if I should be excited or scared when we get pregnant “ damn her again!
so here we are again in the bathroom because she woke we me up thinking it was time and maybe it is maybe it isn’t but she is definitely enjoying her spa lit wet food and belly rub ;-):cheerleader::thud::bliss:

Last edited:

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
The wife is right…..

:worship::devilcat2::winner:
She definitely feels safe with you. I don't know if I missed it being mentioned, but maybe she's a first time mom and therefore is really nervous too, but you definitely bring her comfort. Its such an honour when a cat wants you there when she thinks the babies are coming 💛 Our foster fail kitty was the same, she would have given birth on my lap if she could have lol but we were there during the birth and comforting her the whole time 😊

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She definitely feels safe with you. I don't know if I missed it being mentioned, but maybe she's a first time mom and therefore is really nervous too, but you definitely bring her comfort. Its such an honour when a cat wants you there when she thinks the babies are coming 💛 Our foster fail kitty was the same, she would have given birth on my lap if she could have lol but we were there during the birth and comforting her the whole time 😊
Annabelle belonged to the “wonderful” “humans” that used to live next door to us. They had a large amount of animals. Many different animals. They moved out July 11th (good riddance) and July 25th my wife noticed there was this constant noise coming from the garage area. When we went to investigate there she was. Dirty hungry scared and matted. She ran from us under the garage the first two nights. I left a trail of delicious wet food treats from the garage to our back porch and on July 27th she slowly walked away from that garbage and never looked back. I fell in love instantly. I think she might have to. Well fast forward to August 21st is the day I noticed Annabelle’s nipples and tummy was different (lol) (first picture taken).

when we went to the vet yesterday he said she is around 11-13 months old. So only a baby ;-(

Sounds like your kitty witty loves you just as much. It’s comforting knowing or at least hoping there are more good humans than bad. Never thought I would be a cat dad but wouldn’t change it for the world!!!

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
Annabelle belonged to the “wonderful” “humans” that used to live next door to us. They had a large amount of animals. Many different animals. They moved out July 11th (good riddance) and July 25th my wife noticed there was this constant noise coming from the garage area. When we went to investigate there she was. Dirty hungry scared and matted. She ran from us under the garage the first two nights. I left a trail of delicious wet food treats from the garage to our back porch and on July 27th she slowly walked away from that garbage and never looked back. I fell in love instantly. I think she might have to. Well fast forward to August 21st is the day I noticed Annabelle’s nipples and tummy was different (lol) (first picture taken).

when we went to the vet yesterday he said she is around 11-13 months old. So only a baby ;-(

Sounds like your kitty witty loves you just as much. It’s comforting knowing or at least hoping there are more good humans than bad. Never thought I would be a cat dad but wouldn’t change it for the world!!!
Poor baby, so young.. I'm so glad she is in loving hands now and can give birth and raise her kittens in a safe and gentle home, where she knows she is loved. Makes even more sense that she wants to you to be near her the whole time 💛

The cat I talked about, Luna, also was from a neglecting home, super skinny, the only thick part was her belly.. I was so grateful that despite her knowing me only for a few weeks that she wanted me to be here with her. She gave birth to six healthy babies and made a full recovery regarding weight 😊

Also yes that how it often goes, many people aren't cat people until the right one steals their heart 😉

Here are some pictures of Luna and her babies for a kitten serotonin boost 💛
20190526_105559_022531.jpg 20190713_165643_023856.jpg 20190713_165603_023918.jpg 20190713_165623_023907.jpg 20190713_165531_023928.jpg 20190713_165502_023941.jpg 20190713_165948_024017.jpg 20200618_183510_040319.jpg

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMGOODNESS my heart just exploded with fireworks and I will only admit this one time (until Annabelle gives birth most likely) but I think it thunderstormed in my eyes. 😂

i think you must be right. I have a 7 year old golden doodle. His name is Flask. Not that I was against cats just never thought I would live with them. Flask sleeps on his bed at the end of our bed BUT Annabelle sleeps on My pillow above my head. 😂 at first when my wife continuously said there’s a cat over there they left a cat we have to help I agreed. I agree we should help the cat to a better home wasn’t particularly thinking of my home until the very instant I saw her and our eyes locked, and she ran for me. I knew at that very millisecond. I was never going to allow another person to fail her.

I can’t imagine how hard it is to foster animals and then let them go, so I commend you on having a heart so big!!! I am so happy that Luna was able to see what happiness is. And her kittlens are just beautiful. Great job 👏🏽 and thank you for all your kind words!

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
OMGOODNESS my heart just exploded with fireworks and I will only admit this one time (until Annabelle gives birth most likely) but I think it thunderstormed in my eyes. 😂

i think you must be right. I have a 7 year old golden doodle. His name is Flask. Not that I was against cats just never thought I would live with them. Flask sleeps on his bed at the end of our bed BUT Annabelle sleeps on My pillow above my head. 😂 at first when my wife continuously said there’s a cat over there they left a cat we have to help I agreed. I agree we should help the cat to a better home wasn’t particularly thinking of my home until the very instant I saw her and our eyes locked, and she ran for me. I knew at that very millisecond. I was never going to allow another person to fail her.

I can’t imagine how hard it is to foster animals and then let them go, so I commend you on having a heart so big!!! I am so happy that Luna was able to see what happiness is. And her kittlens are just beautiful. Great job 👏🏽 and thank you for all your kind words!
Her babies definitely will be super cute, she herself already is a beauty. And watching kittens grow up is so adorable too😊

And haha I get you I just think its so heartwarming to see dog people or in general people who have never had a cat warm up to one as someone who had cats around since birth. It's always such a cute bond. I feel the same way for dogs, even though I never had one. I used to work at a shelter and if I could have, I would have taken all the dogs home too 🥺💛

And the biggest applause definitely goes to my parents they have fostered many cats over the years and do voluntarily work for a nearby cat rescue every day since they don't work anymore. They helped so many cats that were seen as "aggressive/feral" to become trusting towards humans. Luna was a foster fail, we couldn't give her up after all, she already was family by that point. I seriously cried when the babies all got to their own forever home 😅

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone sorry I haven’t been back on to update, but I unfortunately have come down with influenza B so I have been stuck in bed. Annabel‘s babies are safely. Still cuddling inside their mommy. I talk to our vet this morning since they haven’t made their grand entrance, and she said that if the babies have not made it into the world by Friday we would have to do a C-section so we have one scheduled for Saturday morning hopefully doesn’t have to come to that but that’s where we’re at right now. She seems to be OK. She still eating still going to the bathroom. She’s sleeping a lot. I noticed a couple ripples down her back last night and this morning so hopefully she’ll go on her own, but if not, we will have babies here on Saturday. The vet said with her being so young and this being her first she could be one of the cats that go near the 70 day mark so we’re just gonna give her some more natural time. ;)

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone sorry I haven’t been back on to update, but I unfortunately have come down with influenza B so I have been stuck in bed. Annabel‘s babies are safely. Still cuddling inside their mommy. I talk to our vet this morning since they haven’t made their grand entrance, and she said that if the babies have not made it into the world by Friday we would have to do a C-section so we have one scheduled for Saturday morning hopefully doesn’t have to come to that but that’s where we’re at right now. She seems to be OK. She still eating still going to the bathroom. She’s sleeping a lot. I noticed a couple ripples down her back last night and this morning so hopefully she’ll go on her own, but if not, we will have babies here on Saturday. The vet said with her being so young and this being her first she could be one of the cats that go near the 70 day mark so we’re just gonna give her some more natural time. ;)
Thank you for the update! Hoping the best for her and that it can be a safe normal birth. Also get well soon 😊

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don’t think I have ever been beat down the way that I feel right now. My wife just laughs at me and says Annabel got her way because now I’m off work for this week, so I’m home with her all day long. :flail:
I promise to update, as soon as little paws have entered the world ;-) with pictures 😍

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could your vet tell you an approximate gestational age from the x-rays?

When I took the pregnant stray I adopted to the vet, he said the kittens would be ready in 7-10 days. He could tell by their bone development. They were born naturally 12 days later.

I would try to avoid a C-section if possible, and maybe get another X-ray. Sections are hard on the mom and can be dangerous for the kittens as well. They are also expensive. It would be best if she could deliver naturally if possible.

I hope you feel better soon!

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is what I understood her to be saying to us on Saturday that She suspected from the x-ray that she would’ve been around 63-65 days. She told us that if she didn’t have it by Sunday to let us know by Tuesday morning which I let her know this morning that she had yet to deliver, so then she said let’s schedule the C-section for Saturday if she doesn’t deliver by then. I would much rather Annabelle have this natural, then putting her through all this extra trauma so I agree with you completely!
Any tips ?