Oh how beautiful she was today...

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter called me today in tears. She was trying on wedding gowns and found the ONE. She just wanted Momma's opinion on it. When I got there and saw her in that dress she took my breath away.

My baby isn't a baby any more but a beautiful woman all grown up with children of her own but I just can't help thinking how she will always and forever be "My little girl".

She has asked me to do the honors of giving her away. I am so proud to do that for her.
Okay I am getting all teary eyed over here.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondiecat

My daughter called me today in tears. She was trying on wedding gowns and found the ONE. She just wanted Momma's opinion on it. When I got there and saw her in that dress she took my breath away.

My baby isn't a baby any more but a beautiful woman all grown up with children of her own but I just can't help thinking how she will always and forever be "My little girl".

She has asked me to do the honors of giving her away. I am so proud to do that for her.
Okay I am getting a teary eyed over here.
Cathi, there is no greater compliment then that to a mother, you must've been and still are the most-best-mom. I never had a mother growing up, I was raised with my Dad and borthers and how I long for that sometimes. I bet it was wonderful! I hope you can take and post pix too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Cathi, there is no greater compliment then that to a mother, you must've been and still are the most-best-mom. I never had a mother growing up, I was raised with my Dad and borthers and how I long for that sometimes. I bet it was wonderful! I hope you can take and post pix too!
Elizabeth I must say that you did miss out on some wonderful times. Not only is my daughter, my daughter but my best friend in the whole world. We talk about everything together. Man how I miss the Bull sessions on the weekends with her while we went shopping or just lazed around the house listening to music or watching tv.

Her life has gotten so busy now with my beautiful grandchildren that sometimes we don't get to talk much anymore. I miss that, but she is just a phone call away. Now I can spoil all of my grandbabies

I know that you have had and still have wonderful times with your Dad and brothers. Cherish each moment, because one day those precious moments will be gone but never forgotten.

Pictures will be coming soon.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh good! I'm looking forward to it and will have to check back.
Cathi, it's your spirit that shines through. Not everyone weaves such a caring and warm light around their daughters.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a wonderful relationship you two must have Cathi.....I have a great one with my mom as well. Several of my close friends have lost thier mothers, and I know that treasuring each moment your given with them is something none of us should take for granted! When is her wedding? Can't wait for pics!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful moment that must have been for you
I hope she is happy in her marriage.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw sweetie - how often do you get the chance to give your kids away? Normally you have to pay people to take them off your hands!!
Seriously though, that's fantastic
You must be so incredibly proud - big congrats to the lot of you!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet that was such a wonderful moment for you Cath

That is such an honor for you, being able to give your daughter away. Sounds like you two have a great bond