odd sexual behavior

tyscamp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two kittens. One is nuetured and the other is not yet nuetered. The one that is not nuetered has started mounting the other cat and is humping. I was wondering if this is normal? It is very odd, at least I think. Just wondering Thanks

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite.

A bit more information might help us help you.

How old are the kits? What are their sexes, both male, one male one female, two females?

Are they just playing? The one that is not neutered, is it male or female?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends on their age and sex. It is probably dominence rather then sexual but if the unneutered kitten is 4-6 months or older then it is hard to say. Best to have the unneutered one done asap so the behavior most likely cuts back or stops.

perclady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 year old neutered male occasionally make humping motions toward my 6 year old neuterd male. He's about 6 inches away from making contact with anything, so if I see if I just interupt it. I don't think the 6 year old has even noticed and if he has, he doesn't care. It's only happenned a few times and only when the older one is sitting nicely looking out the window. I think it may be in part a "see, I can be the boss too" action.