Odd Male Kitten Behavior

koda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I have two ten-week old kittens, and the grey tabby has been exhibiting the strangest behavior lately. He will put his mouth to the orange tabby's stomach and attempt to nurse on invisible nipples. The orange tabby just sits there and takes it and doesn't defend himself or anything, and the relationship is never in the reverse. This isn't an annoying behavior, but I don't know if its normal or if my kittens have a mental disability. Any thoughts?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normal. If the other kitten doesn't mind, and no damage is being done, I wouldn't worry about it. How old were they when they left their mother?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

koda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, good to know this is all normal. When my girlfriend and I adopted the kitties the people told us that they were eight weeks old. We took them to the vet two weeks later, and the vet said that they were no more than eight weeks old at that time, so the people on Craigslist lied (one came from a drug-home, the other from a foster-family with nearly 20 cats). Its clear now that they were taken from their mothers far too early. Thanks for all your help!

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is normal for young kittens especially those younger than about 3 months. I had two kittens who would nurse on the dog
They kept this up for a couple months!