Odd little ears

Bratcat31

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This little guy is no particular pedigree. He's an orphan from the streets. But he's got some odd little ears. Not quite pointed up and curved on the sides. Are there any breeds that have ears like these?

I haven't managed to get like the perfect shot of them, so I've included a lot of shots of them.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bratcat31

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's his age. He's quite young and they aren't done unfolding. They'll perk up when he gets older.
Maybe? He's over three weeks old and his brothers are straight as a board. I haven't had any other of my kittens have ears like this either. Guess time will tell!

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a moggie with cupped ears that took some time to straighten out. I think they had assumed their final proportions by the time she was a couple months of age.

She was a street adoption, too.

Bratcat31

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a moggie with cupped ears that took some time to straighten out. I think they had assumed their final proportions by the time she was a couple months of age.

She was a street adoption, too.
Got any pics? I'd love to see them! I hope his straighten out before a couple months. I won't likely have him that long and hes so cute I wanna see how they turn out.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some on my old phone, but it broke. I did post a picture of her in 2018 in the "New Cats on the Block" forum in a post entitled "Better Late than Never." It's still there, and I didn't have a name for her yet, so she's just called "Orange." She was about 4 or 5 weeks old at that time. Her mom deserted her under my car in the driveway.

I might have given the impression her ears are still cupped. They straightened out on their own by the time she was six months old. There's a pic I posted in the "Describing Cats..." forum in 2019 entitled "Reverse Engineering a Cat," where she's about six months, and her ears are fully developed.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Bratcat31

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you have any control over this, please make sure he stays with his mother and littermates for at least 12 weeks, 14 weeks would be even better. Kittens who leave their mothers too soon tend to have behavioral issues.
Early weaning increases aggression and stereotypic behaviour in cats
This little guy has no mother so no ability for him to stay with her until 12 or 14 weeks. He was part of an orphaned litter of 4 found ill (URI). With a URI they aren't eligible for a surrogate feline momma as they can get her and her other babies sick. So, they were placed into foster for full time care and feeding.

I actually no longer have either him or his brother either. One of his siblings (with a different foster) was unable to beat the URI and passed away. The shelter I foster for doesn't allow singleton neonates in foster (once they are well enough for a buddy) and they needed me to take a medical case so my two moved over to the other foster so they can grow up with their sister.