Odd hobby time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, interesting!

I've recently started learning yabusame, which is Japanese mounted archery. Do you have your own bow?
Cool I've never heard of that! I have two bows right now. I want to join an archery group at some point but they're always full. In the future I would love to make my own bows

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Cool I've never heard of that! I have two bows right now. I want to join an archery group at some point but they're always full. In the future I would love to make my own bows
What are your bows like?

The yabusame bow I have is about 2 meters long. The draw weight is only 8 kilos, you never have to fire any great distance. It's more about trying to hit the target while going at speed.

Have you been doing archery long?

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
What are your bows like?

The yabusame bow I have is about 2 meters long. The draw weight is only 8 kilos, you never have to fire any great distance. It's more about trying to hit the target while going at speed.

Have you been doing archery long?
That sounds pretty cool, is should look into that. I have take takedown recurve bows with like 15 kg draw weight. Just to start out with. Been shooting for about a year but I can barely ever shoot because I can't go to the range yet since you have to do the cursus first.. which is once a year and usually it's already full. And as a student I don't have a backyard to use. So I have to travel to my parents most the time if I want to shoot. And the weather right now is not great for it sadly.

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
30 year old here, bird watching has been my biggest hobby (when the weather permits)
Also big fan of true crime shows, podcasts etc.
Weird is relative 🤷🏼‍♀️

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have started way too many hobbies. Crochet, photography, gaming, and now needlework. I do Cross Stitch. The pieces are beautiful, and it’s so relaxing to do. It’s a dying art, and that makes me sad…

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
30 year old here, bird watching has been my biggest hobby (when the weather permits)
Also big fan of true crime shows, podcasts etc.
Weird is relative 🤷🏼‍♀️
What shows and podcasts? I listen to redhanded and rotten mango