Odd behaviour

sibbell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sasha is 2 1/2 years old, was declawed (front) when I got her about six months ago. She loves to go outside and as long as I can keep an eye on her in the small garden she can run around out there! She only goes out for an hour or so but has learnt to wee outside in her favorite spots. Inside she uses her boxes, one on each floor, however now and again she will just stand next to a box and pee on the floor! I can't fathom any reason why she does this....today she went out but there is snow on the ground so she ran back in....I am in the study working and she came in, poked around, meowed a lot, then walked into the bathroom next door and pee'd on the floor next to her box! Maybe she is miffed that she can't be outside?
She has been cleared by the vet and is totally healthy.
Any thoughts?

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she got used to just squatting and peeing outside, then maybe digging around in litter isn't normal for her anymore? I don't know the instictual reasoning, but I would bet it has to do with her peeing outside since peeing on the ground outside is much different from the box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sibbell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oddly enough, when she pees outside she doesn't squat, she just stands (same as if she were spaying) and when she pees outside the box in the house she does the same. If she is in the box then she squats. Who knows what goes on in her head!!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seem painful at all? Nails sometimes regrow at odd angles may be worth a xray to clear that