Odd Behavior: Cat Is Putting Her Toys In The Water Dish.

Elizabeth Loyevskiy

Armani
Kitten
Purraise
My sweet little Armani is a 1 year old Tuxedo female. She began this odd behavior yesterday. She'll play with her cloth mice toys and then drown them in her water dish! Then I get a wet surprise on my pillow this morning and water all over the kitchen floor.

I don't mind cleaning it up, as long as she is having fun. Its just water! :think:

Do any of your cats do this?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A lot of cats do that, especially young ones. You wouldn't believe the number of toys we fish out of water bowls at the shelter. They especially like to drown cloth toys or furry mice.

Mowgli did that for a couple of months, but eventually outgrew it.

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Experts say that they do it to protect them but there is no real evidence of this. :lol:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found one of our cats electronic mice in his water dish. The same cat also gathers up all his toys and puts them in a pile! His twin brother has no interest in doing that.

20160124_182821.jpg
one of our cats occassionally gathers up his toy mice and puts them in a pile. And he has also dropped his electronic mouse in his water dish.....it never sounded the same .

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats many years ago used to put toys in the water bowls, and whatever else tickled her fancy. It was a habit that she never outgrew, much to the frustration and annoyance of her sister. :lol:

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a kitty who likes to put his toys in his water. I've wondered about it. Mostly I just laugh at him.