Odd Behavior And Irregular Breathing

Sarahsunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello cat people. For the past four days I've been sleeping over at a friends house and yesterday I stayed home. I've noticed my 6 year old kitty is not eating and is very upset with me for leaving her the past few nights. This isn't the first time shes gotten upset with me but I find it strange that she isn't eating and is consuming way more water than usual. She is a velcro kitty and typically never leaves my side. She has also been acting somewhat strange. She has been lethargic and sedentary. On top of all of that, I just noticed that her breathing is somewhat erratic. She will breathe normally a few times and then very quick/sharp. I don't know if this is due to stress or if I should go to the vet first thing in the morning

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She definitely needs to see a vet, as soon as possible. In fact, I'd go so far as to say you need to MAKE it possible, right away. EVERYTHING you mentioned sent up red flags, from the lack of appetite to the sharp breath and lethargy.

And PLEASE let us know how your cat is doing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sarahsunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry, I somewhat forgot about this site. I took her to the vet and they said she was anemic and they weren’t sure why. So I went to UF animal hospital and after many tests they diagnosed her with bone marrow cancer. So she was put down:( she is greatly missed to this day

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I somewhat forgot about this site. I took her to the vet and they said she was anemic and they weren’t sure why. So I went to UF animal hospital and after many tests they diagnosed her with bone marrow cancer. So she was put down:( she is greatly missed to this day
:hearthrob: ((((((((^^)))))))):hearthrob: Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Cherished, precious one! Watch over your beloved ones here on earth until reunited in due time. *My heartfelt condolences for your loss of her, Sarahsunny Sarahsunny . *