Ocicat Classic or Sokoke?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The marbles are of the bengal type, NOT of a common classic tabby.

So this will be my diagnose.  A very near bengal ancestry - a natural dau to a marbled bengal, perhaps even a purebred bengal.

The question is, what to do with this reddish shine, not least the reddish piece on the head.   This reddish spot there often reveals a tortie.  HERE it may be some rest of the renown bengal golden shine.

It may be so some breeder wanted to get an extra nice touch with both golden and silver shine, and the less lucky result he sold cheaper as pet quality.  Everything is relative, no?   What for some is the Fortune of their life, for others is pet quality...   And once sold as pet quality, it was easy done she got astray as the owner perhaps wasnt very observant...

YOU got home the Fortune.   Lady Luck smiled to you both.   :)

Of course, if its tortie markings, the diagnosis is easier.  Bengals arent renown for torties, so it would indicate strongly a natural dau.  A stud got out, and took his chances to" saw this wild oat", so to speak.

You were Lucky here in this variation too..

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Mirandaa, welcome to TCS :wavey:

Thank you adopting this beautiful cat. Yes, you got yourself a lovely treasure.

Do post your kitty's photos and tell us about yourself and your shelter work in 'New Cats on the Block' -and get to know more members through the the interesting threads in the different categories ;)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
She's a beautiful cat! I would say a marble torbie, i.e. marble tabby with both black and orange in the colors. Very unique though IMO neither Ocicat, nor Sokoke or even bengal. Just good old domestic shorthair tabby with one of the less common patterns and color combos.

More on tabby coat patterns - 

[article="22334"]Tabby Cats​[/article]