Nutro MAX Cat Question

esperanza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone else noticed anything different with Nutro MAX canned food lately? My cat has a few times now backed away from certain flavors she used to love.

I did call the company on the first incident and they said there weren't any changes in their process. ??? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does it look and smell the same?. I had an incident with Bozita wet food once. As soon as l opened it the jelly was a cloudy colour and the cats wouldn't go anywhere near it. I took pictures to send them because l still had a few of the old batch but they replaced them.

Cats sometimes turn their noses up at food they've always ate as well?. Mine at the moment won't touch Bozita every day, they prefer another brand, but if l leave it for a week or two they go back on the Bozita no problem?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esperanza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, it is a little. The "good" Nutro she'd eat would plop out still shaped like the can, had clear gravy and had a distinctive, sharp odor. Now with the "new" cans it seems to fall apart easier and the gravy is a bit cloudy/has small bits in it. I don't think I noticed the old smell with these. I thought with the seafood maybe a few not-so-fresh fish got through, but now the lamb?

Only had the cat a few months, but I can't see her turning down food she feels is edible on a whim. She's a big girl that I'm trying to keep on a diet and food is her #1 hobby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esperanza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
BTW - my apologies to Nutro - my cat is yanking my chain.
I pushed the issue a little and she's eating it just fine.

I think I've read so many articles/forums about recalls, pet health tragedies, "evil" pet food corporations, etc. that I'm starting to imagine things!

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Esperanza

BTW - my apologies to Nutro - my cat is yanking my chain.
I pushed the issue a little and she's eating it just fine.

I think I've read so many articles/forums about recalls, pet health tragedies, "evil" pet food corporations, etc. that I'm starting to imagine things!
No apology necessary Esperanza. I saw your post and decided to see if there was something I could do to help and I now see you've resolved the issue. You have a good Saturday night