Nutrition For Cat In India

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Orijen is an excellent brand, so good its fully adeqate for kittens too. Unless they sell some inferior variation in India...

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey there,

I'm from India, and have been a cat parent since the last one year. Of the foods available locally, Royal Canin is the best. Whiskas is a level below, not nutritionally that great, but safe. Sheba could be used as occasional treats. Orijen is available online (only dry). While all these brands may not match up to the foods available in the US, they are definitely more species appropriate than what you seem to be feeding your kitty now :) And finally there's Amazon US, UK that you could always order from!

As mentioned previously, I can't stress enough on how important it is to feed cats meat, cats are obligate carnivores and are not able to digest plant protein well. Also most adult cats are lactose intolerant, so I would suggest keeping milk and dairy to a minimum.

Incidentally why do you want to feed your cat vegetarian food? I am not sure if this forum has a pm function, but if it does, you could always pm me if you have further queries. All the best with your fur ball :)
To send a PM (or 'conversation'), hover over the envelope icon next to your username in the toolbar, and select 'Start a New Conversation' ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ayush Soni

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the late reply.. I was kinda busy with my school
So anyway
My cat's paw got wounded somehow I don't know when but I saw it today in the morning.she was fine till yesterday but since morning she seems hurt.can you tell me what happened to her.your help is appreciated...

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's very hard to tell from a picture, but my best guess is that she trod on something sharp. My old greyhound got a deepish cut in that area once from treading on some broken glass. If she'll let you, clean it thoroughly with warm salty water. This should help you see what the injury actually is. Take her to the vet if you can, just to make certain there's nothing inside the wound. A vet might be able to give you a better idea of how she got injured, too. She may need antibiotics to head any infection off at the pass, but only a vet can make that judgement.

In the meantime, keep her inside, keep it clean, and try not to let her fuss at it. I hope she heals up quickly :vibes: