Nutrish Rachel Rey dry cat food...

sandie1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
FOOD BABE recently  posted an article about harmful ingredients in cat and dog foods. It listed many brands. Nutro, Blue Buffalo, Purina, Muse, Halo, Wellness, etc, the list goes on. It listed which were organic, or had Carrageenan, bad for the digestion system, Rendering products i.e. road kill, "downed/sick" production animals and the worst being Uthenized cats, dogs and other animals from the kill shelters/dog pounds and such. All those killing chemicals end up in the animal foods we are feeding our cats and dogs. That is really a really sick trend.

These plus food dyes, synthetic preservatives etc.

I have taken to only feeding the best on this list. Much more expensive that the low grade crap but you pay one way or another. In good food or bad food and vet bills thus killing your beloved pet. They eat better, feel better, look better and give you love better.

I picked up a bag of Rachel Rey "Nutrish" for cats. I did not see CARRAGEENAN on the ingredients list, and none of them list the RENDERING PRODUCTS. Does anyone know anything about the quality of Nutrish?

thanks,

Sandie Swift

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My gal likes Rachael Ray Nutrish, but I have questions about the corn content.  I have read conflicting opinions about corn and feline digestive health.  I am not convinced that corn is inherently harmful (in the major reputable brands) but I am not sure it provides a significant health benefit either.  All that said, when we exhaust our current supply of RR I likely won't buy any more of it.  I'll go back to Purina Beyond or other corn-free product.

By the way, where do you get the idea that the flesh of euthanized shelter pets are included in U.S. made cat food?  I have read about this speculation before and the pet food manufacturers are deathly afraid of the bad feelings such a practice would create among its customers and pet lovers generally.

wasabii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
FOOD BABE recently  posted an article about harmful ingredients in cat and dog foods. It listed many brands. Nutro, Blue Buffalo, Purina, Muse, Halo, Wellness, etc, the list goes on. It listed which were organic, or had Carrageenan, bad for the digestion system, Rendering products i.e. road kill, "downed/sick" production animals and the worst being Uthenized cats, dogs and other animals from the kill shelters/dog pounds and such. All those killing chemicals end up in the animal foods we are feeding our cats and dogs. That is really a really sick trend.
These plus food dyes, synthetic preservatives etc.

I have taken to only feeding the best on this list. Much more expensive that the low grade crap but you pay one way or another. In good food or bad food and vet bills thus killing your beloved pet. They eat better, feel better, look better and give you love better.

I picked up a bag of Rachel Rey "Nutrish" for cats. I did not see CARRAGEENAN on the ingredients list, and none of them list the RENDERING PRODUCTS. Does anyone know anything about the quality of Nutrish?
thanks,
Sandie Swift
If its dry food, dry food never has carrageenan in it, that is an ingredient in a lot of canned foods. My kitties liked the rachel ray dry food okay but I wasn't a fan of the corn and it didnt agree with my 1 year old cats stomach very well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandie1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like Purina Beyond is one of the best, with no carrageenan, rendered products, (dead sick animals or euthanized ones)., food dyes or synthetic preservatives. I did not have any info on the Nutrish.

Sandie