Nursing mother cat and KMR

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Many forumites arent happy with Hartz, they even warn.  Although I know some did OK with Hartz.

Anyway, giving mom extra kmr may be a good  idea, but I would recommend some other brand.

If you can get goat milk it should work it too.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

j balderas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't even want to risk it. What other brands would you suggest?

foster wilson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feel the best KMR is Natural-C. I have hand raised more babies than I can count.. lol. I'm a foster for them. I have used other brands, but find that brand to be the best and recommended by vets.

laurasorphans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use Breeders Edge and have a 98% survival rate since I have been using it for several years. I notice my babies are always right on track weight wise unless another issue is going on and also it has added probiotics among other things to help with digestion.
That being said since this is more for supplementing a lactating queen KMR would do fine since you CAN get that at petsmart or petco. If Petsmart does NOT have KMR then you can get their GNC milk replacement formula ( NOT weaning formula). I compared the ingredients a few months back and they were the same as KMR.

laurasorphans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also you should be feeding her kitten food ( unless she is on a diet appropriate for kittens and adults ) so she is getting more fat and be sure she is getting plenty to eat