Nulo Cat Food

Hollis'sMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have any of you guys fed Nulo? I picked up some that was on sale at PetSmart over the weekend. Hollis loves it! It seems to be a pretty decent food as far as nutrition and ingredients, but I would love your opinions!

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The ingredient list looks good from what I've seen of this brand, but my rotation is currently full! Maybe I'll try later if I see a sale.

Liapluridon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tend to avoid foods with veggies in it (which Nulo has). I seem to recall though that Nulo is pretty low carb, which is a good thing. Most importantly though, if your cat likes it and eats it, it's a good food for them. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hollis'sMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are veggies not great for them? Someone mentioned that tuna is bad too.

Liapluridon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are veggies not great for them? Someone mentioned that tuna is bad too.
I only avoid veggies because cats are carnivores, and veggies are sometimes added to cat food as a filler, or because humans think giving their cats veggies makes their diet balanced. Veggies can also sometimes make cat food high carb, which I avoid for our cats, as they had to lose weight in the past.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hollis'sMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I only avoid veggies because cats are carnivores, and veggies are sometimes added to cat food as a filler, or because humans think giving their cats veggies makes their diet balanced. Veggies can also sometimes make cat food high carb, which I avoid for our cats, as they had to lose weight in the past.
Makes sense! Thank you for letting me know this!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat eats of couple of the Nulo Freestyle flavors. :)

It's always a good thing to have around, a brand or type of food your cat will eat no matter what. So, if you have a pet sitter or are leaving the cat overnight at the vet, you can send them along with that food they like, one which they'll eat even if stressed out.

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats love it, and it's one of the better brands I can afford when the budget allows. It's not perfect (what food is?), but it's good at its price point, has decent ingredients, and fairly high protein.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't get Lydia to eat any of the wet. She used to enjoy the Dry some but I don't really feel dry anymore