Now Sassy Josephine Has Ringworm

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Grrr! Ringworm on Sassy Josephine's back. She has been stressed lately by her adoptive brother Grisou, on top of sneaking out and eating kitty junk food my neighbor puts out. I already did: wash her with anti-itching kitty shampoo, brush off the dead skin with a toothbrush soaked in diluted apple cider vinegar, put emu oil on the spot. She looks a bit like a hedgehog now but takes it in stride.
Any other suggestions apart from the cleaning spree of everything? I'm going to try going the natural route as far as possible (don't want to stress her liver more than I have to). Apart from the toothbrush/ACV routine, I'll try to rub on the following: coconut oil, diluted lavender essential oil, crushed fresh calendula blossoms, aloe vera juice, licorice root tincture.
I'm trying to avoid forcing things down her throat for now, she is an extremely difficult customer with a syringe.

I think she got it from the junk food which she vomited onto my new curtain lately. She is usually fed raw, with some fancy feast classic intended for someone else that she gobbles up, plus whole mice (defrosted).

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ringworm is difficult (slow) to kill even with highly regarded conventional medications. I've worked with a ringworm expert vet and she and the vet community at large recommend Terbinifine orally (I realize this may be difficult) and lime sulfer dips.