Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Novapaque

Discussion in 'Cat Health' started by Momto3newkittens, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Momto3newkittens

Momto3newkittens Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Dec 11, 2017
    Hi All,

Have any of you heard of Novapaque? It was prescribed to my kitten for vomiting and loose stool but I can't find any information on it. Is it an antibiotic or simply like a Pepto for cats? Any information is appreciated! Thank you

2. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Cat Fan especially Black Cats Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Hi! This is what I found, literally nothing else, on the internet, posted as a query to a dog forum in 2013 and had zero replies.

"I have a Pomeranian. I came home one afternoon from work and he had vomited, urinated, and messed on the floor in several locations, something he never does. He was lethargic and had no appetite. I thought that perhaps it was just an upset stomach and decided to wait a few hours to see if he would improve. Throughout the evening and night there was no improvement and he was taken to the vet the next morning. He was diagnosed with gastroenteritis and given novapaque (a white liquid) to settle his stomach and flagyl for bacterial concerns. Over the course of the day, and on these two meds, he improved dramatically and by evening he was almost back to normal. I tried searching for novapaque (on the internet of course) and found very little information about it. Does anyone know if this is a fairly new med vets are now dispensing/prescribing to canines for this ailment?"

Back to me - seems really odd there's still no info?

3. Momto3newkittens

Momto3newkittens Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Dec 11, 2017
    Yea that is the only thing I could find on it too. It sounds like it's more of a pepto. She finished her meds yesterday and she had a goopey poop this afternoon so I was thinking maybe it's an antibiotic and this is just the left over leaving her body? Thanks for looking!

4. Furballsmom

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    The only other thing I can think of is to really try and pin your vet down :)

kirathecat purraised this.

5. kirathecat

kirathecat TCS Member Adult Cat

Jun 1, 2016
    Maryland
    Furballsmom purraised this.

6. Furballsmom

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    kirathecat purraised this.

7. kirathecat