Not using the box

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved into a new place last November and haven't had any problems until about a month ago. I have 7 cats here and I don't know who it is. Someone is defecating outside of the box, pretty much right next to it. I have put down aluminum foil and they are going right on it. What else could I try.
A side note, I think it may have started after we moved all the boxes to the basement, but they are still going next to the box.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the reasons for sudden inappropriate "elimination" is poor location. Perhaps one of your cats does not like the new move. Try putting one box where it used to be and see what happens.
If the problem still continues, you may have to add another box, or check if one of your cats is being too dominant, or it may be a medical issue. By the way, did you change the cat litter brand?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not change the litter. I am confused though, I was always told they HATE foil!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is always that cat goes against the grain.

Box location is what I would think. Cleo started with the his litter problems after I moved and changed the boxes.