Not the Usual Foods Cats Eat

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not a problem, just a curiosity I thought folks might enjoy hearing about. I guess this is because Tuffy was feral for so long, and nearly starving, that he eats things I've never seen a cat eat. This I discovered when throwing or putting out treats for the dog, Tuff ate them. Dates, he absolutely gobbles them up. Broccoli stems, raw, Tuffy seems to like them better than the dog does. Bits of tomato - to be fair, they were on my supper plate and might have had a bit of pork chop juice on them. Bits of red pepper. Peas, bits of green bean, cooked sweet potato, leftover tomato soup. LOL, it's got so the little rewards I leave for the pup for coming in the house when I call him can't be left out ahead of time. :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the hears I have had cats that loved unusual things like green beans, cantaloupe and coffee. One of my current girls Willow is crazy for popcorn. When you have a cat with unusual tastes you just have to make sure you know the foods that could be harmful to them.

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our Desmond seems like he will eat anything. It is like having another dog.

Although he is raw-fed on meat, bones, and organs, I've seen him steal (and chomp down) things like roasted broccoli and other vegetables.

And the other day he swiped a piece of lettuce from my wife's salad and gobbled it right up.

He makes me laugh.

Bill

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There’s only a couple of odd things Belle likes- corn and bread. She’ll eat almost anything made from corn- popcorn and Fritos bring her favorites. She’ll also eat bread rolls. I don’t let her have either very often. Occasionally I’ll give her something crumb sized.

Sometimes she’ll eat a Cheeto. I don’t let her have those very often either.