Not sure where to post this... Need recommendations for remote pet-related work

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a freelance writer and editor specializing in the pet care industry and I also run my own pet care business. I need something to fill in the gaps between pet sitting jobs until I can transition to something better. Do you have any recommendations of where I can go to find more remote writing jobs pertaining to cats and dogs since this is the area I'm most knowledgeable in? Thanks so much!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What about trying the local shelters, rescue and foster groups? I'm sure they would welcome the exposure for adoptions and maybe it could be positive networking for you. Good luck! :goodluck:
Thanks! I have tried emailing some animal shelters and advertising my freelance writing and editing services to them. I haven't received any positive responses yet. I will keep trying.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! I have tried emailing some animal shelters and advertising my freelance writing and editing services to them. I haven't received any positive responses yet. I will keep trying.
Perhaps you would get better results if you went there in person. That way you could speak to someone face-to-face and hopefully have greater luck.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps you would get better results if you went there in person. That way you could speak to someone face-to-face and hopefully have greater luck.
This is what I was thinking.
I agree with this 100% because honestly if I worked somewhere and got a random email asking to write their story, I honestly wouldn't pay any attention to it. Probably wouldn't open it depending on the subject of the email..
I really feel that you would have more luck going in person.

Good luck I hope it works out well for you!!!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Are you on LinkedIn, B BoaztheAdventureCat ? If not, you might considering creating an account and then linking to people you know to expand your visibility and highlight your skills and experience.

If you are already on LinkedIn, be sure that your intro statement is strong and your experience reflects your desire and ability to help nonprofits increase awareness of their mission.

You might also target a few places and send them a letter (snail mail!) with a sample of a piece you wrote.