Not sure what to do!

halfpint1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am new here but read through some of the previous posts and you all seem super helpful!  I have a nine your old cat who pees/poos anywhere and everywhere.  

Occasionally I would notice a small accident just outside her litter box and would clean it up.  Then she started peeing on the old couch (threw it out), tiles, leather couch, laundery, behind the toilet, in the closet, on the hardwood - no place is safe and it seems a bit random.   

She then started to run around the house at mach speeds and poop at the same time (pieces would wind up in different rooms) - like she was in pain or something so I took her to the vet and they have done urinary, blood, fecal checks and an XRay.  Her BAC and creatin were slightly high indicating kidney issues, and she had trace amounts of blood in her urine.  We did two weeks of a pain reliever for the blood in the urine (one that does not break down in the kidneys), and we have her on calcitrol twice a week which she is taking fine.  She has had blood work and urine analysis 2 weeks and 4 weeks after starting calcitrol and everything looks fine there, however she still has very small traces of blood in her urine (not visible to the naked eye).  Additionally we changed her diet to a diet for seniors at recommendation from vet.

She is continuing to pee and poo anywhere - once even peeing between my s/o and I while we were sleeping :(   The poo doesn't even bother me as much except that she seems petrified when she has to go.  We have washed her three litter boxes with a bleach water mix and switched to Cat Attract.

We have now confined her from 12-6am in the one bathroom with her litter box on one end and her food on the other, as well as from 9-11 and 1-5pm (basically when she would be unsupervised - even though it's really hard to do that to her).  In the bathroom she pees in the litterbox but still scatters poo around and when she goes she jumps around like crazy.  When she is out its still a crap shoot in regards to peeing and pooping (no pun intended).

I don't know what else to try - she is still playful, naps on my lap and is a sweet heart. :( It saddens me knowing we cannot do this forever if we cannot get to the bottom of this, however alternatives are even worse.  If anyone has any suggestions or has been in a similar situation I would love to hear! Apologies to the long winded back story!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ive never heard of this type of problem before, somone might of and can offer some advice.

I would have her back to the vets for another check up or go to a different one for a second opinion incase anything might of been missed!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I Second a different vet to look at her.. the first might've missed something.

ln6271

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't speak to any underlying medical issue, but to address the pee parade behavior would you consider trying her in a kitty diaper? I know it sounds strange, but I have used them for two of my cats in the past and they worked wonders. The ones I use are handmade with cotton fabric that can be washed in the washing machine and they have a tail hole so the cat can still poop normally. The woman who makes them also makes diapers without the tail hole, but I've never used those. For the pee, you just put half of a human incontinence pad (Poise or something similar) in the diaper when you put it on the kitty and that will generally hold about 10-12 hours worth of pee.