Not Sure What My Cats Might Be?

Ms.Lovemycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
EBAC6DB4-D82C-4457-BCF7-9D4B3BC4548B.jpeg I just got these three stray cats and they’re all littlermates, the on circled in green is a boy and so is the one in yellow, the one in blue is their sister. I love them to pieces . I was wondering if anyone here as an idea of what kind of mix they could be? To my eyes the two brothers look so different I’m wondering if they might have different fathers. Thank you so much for your time. also I haven’t decided on names for them yet so if anyone has any ideas? Thank you!!

EBAC6DB4-D82C-4457-BCF7-9D4B3BC4548B.jpeg F06E480E-62A2-4E20-B7BF-31501FA0E6F9.jpeg CD69DA4B-0574-4B0E-94F6-3EEDAF239FA1.jpeg

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The kitty circled in yellow would be a brown mackeral tabby Domestic Shorthair. The kitty in green a brown classic (aka marbled or bullseye) tabby Domestic Shorthair. Can you post a sideview of the sister so I can see her pattern?

They are all lovely cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ms.Lovemycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Yes I will try to get a good picture of her

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mackerel tabby is more dominant than classic tabby. So a father whom is a mackerel tabby may have both genes - and get half kittens mackerel tabby and half classic tabby...

So, it may be so they do have different fathers, but its not necessary to be so.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Otherwise, I think they shall be counted as domestic short hair, DSH, all three of them.

Ms.Lovemycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! I don’t know much about cat breeds but my cats fit the description for domestic shorthairs. I’m going to include picture of the blue cat my girl just because I said I would but I got the answer I wanted thank you Ayeb and thank you stefanz.

Attachments

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think he's part main cook. Thoughts?
Yes i agree to i believe he could be Maine coon they are a very hairy and quite large breed he sure does fit the profile. He is beautiful. Maine coons come in all shapes and colors i love orange cats i live in michigan and orange cats are pretty rare at least in my general area lol. Most vets or animal shelters may be able to tell you what kind he could be just show them his picture those places see tons of cats at all breeds if you want to know exactly what he is a vet can do a dna test on him

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
View attachment 213914 I just got these three stray cats and they’re all littlermates, the on circled in green is a boy and so is the one in yellow, the one in blue is their sister. I love them to pieces . I was wondering if anyone here as an idea of what kind of mix they could be? To my eyes the two brothers look so different I’m wondering if they might have different fathers. Thank you so much for your time. also I haven’t decided on names for them yet so if anyone has any ideas? Thank you!!

View attachment 213914 View attachment 213915 View attachment 213916
God bless you for taking them in i think that is so wonderful when strays get homes i to took in a stray unfortunately i could only take in one we already have other animals to but i was so glad i took him in he has been such a joy to have around. I would say they are domestic shorthaired tabby cats they are so beautiful.

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes i agree to i believe he could be Maine coon they are a very hairy and quite large breed he sure does fit the profile. He is beautiful. Maine coons come in all shapes and colors i love orange cats i live in michigan and orange cats are pretty rare at least in my general area lol. Most vets or animal shelters may be able to tell you what kind he could be just show them his picture those places see tons of cats at all breeds if you want to know exactly what he is a vet can do a dna test on him
Thank you and sorry to the OP I wasn't trying to hijack your post, I thought thus was in the forum, not your post. I'm still getting use to using this site!

Ms.Lovemycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s not a problem at all! I’m also new at the forum and I don’t know much about cat breeds or I would have loved to help but you have a beautiful cats I enjoyed seeing them!

Ms.Lovemycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you and sorry to the OP I wasn't trying to hijack your post, I thought thus was in the forum, not your post. I'm still getting use to using this site!
I didn’t tag you in my first post I’m not exactly sure how.