Not sure what food to try?

Klause

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Small backstory...I adopted two adorable fur babies (brother and sister) in August of last year. They’ve been good eaters and we do a combo of dry and wet. Planning to phase out dry soon. They are about 6 weeks away from being a year.

Yesterday...my girl kitty started turning her nose up at stuff. No rhyme or reason. So I figured she was tired of the flavor...kitten food only come in so many flavors. So I bought some adult flavors. Nothing. She’s eaten a small bit of a delectable topper and some chicken baby food. She’s not eating her dry either. I’ve even tried fish flavors and she won’t eat those!
Due to work restrictions (which I know isn’t a good excuse) I can’t take her to the vet until tomorrow if I need to take her at all.
I’m calling the vet today, but is there a food I should try? Could it be a hairball?

I’m concerned because she’s so young and I know it’s not good when they stop eating.
Any and all advice is appreciated.

P.S. I tried pumpkin in case it was constipation and she wouldn’t eat it.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One day isn't long, if it stretches to two or three, then there IS a problem. I have been getting my picky eater Sheba in those little single serving cups, Roasted Chicken, and tuna in the 'cuts', he won't eat pate. Hasn't turned them down yet. He also loves Meow Mix single servings (once again in cuts) with real chicken breast, not the other kinds. when my Yammy is sick with complications from his leukemia and refuses everything, I give him 'Delectables' stew lickable treat, in chicken and tuna. That is the only thing that he will eat for days. Good luck, I hope it is just pickiness and not anything serious!

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she stopped eating her wet AND dry food like this, I think it's fair to say the problem isn't with the food but there is a medical thing going on. It could be a hairball, and try malt paste in case it is, but I agree with you it's a good idea to call the vet and follow their instructions.

You can try boiled turkey or chicken as well and put malt paste on top of one piece.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Klause

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will say she ACTS hungry. She goes to the food and smells it. She may lick it but then she walks away. She ate some chicken baby food this morning, so I’ll see what I can find out from the vet today.
I’m going to try hairball gel and cat grass to hope that moves something one way or another.

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tiki cat is the only brand with actual quality, their quail and chicken helps spec's hairballs and constipation as a result of her massive coat.