Not Sure Of Due Date

happychick1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is expecting and I'm not sure of date. I wasn't aware she was pregnant until she suddenly ballooned. . I can only assume it was near the end of May as that was when she got out after my little boys friend visited and left the french door open! Any advice on poss due for me to work out. I'm lucky that lots of friends and family have asked for a kitten and I am going to get her spayed when kittens are 8 weeks x

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

happychick1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you seen or felt kitten movement in her belly yet? Once you do, it's usually another 2-3 weeks.

Since cat pregnancy is 65-68 days generally, and you think she mated at the end of May, she likely has at least 2 weeks to go.

Here are some helpful articles:

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

She's a pretty calico! :)
Aww thank you. I literally have just seen some "kicking"!! So she's now turned over onto her other side. Earlier she had a look in my side table bottom shelf as if she wanted to go in but I had some things in there. So I've emptied it and put a fluffy blanket inside just in case she takes another look. Watching her now I think I can see movement going on. . She seems a little quiet, possibly a bit uncomfortable and not doing as much. She's such a sweetie.

happychick1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has a different colour on each of her toes. Her mother was a snow bengal and her father was 1/2 bengal.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope it is not the same momma who had kittens in March. It is so hard on their bodies having back to back litters! Definitely make sure you are offering her as much canned food as she will eat, she definitely needs the nutrients!

happychick1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girlie is extremely restless today, not staying in one spot for more than 10 minutes and also keeps hiding. The kittens are extremely active in her tummy which is hard to the touch. Is this possibly signs that labour is imminent
?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It certainly sounds like it. It may still be awhile though. Stage one is long. Is this her second litter?

happychick1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi yes, it is but I have about 8 relatives, friends and neighbours waiting to choose their kitten(s) and I have spoken to my vet who's been really lovely and checked her over a couple of weeks ago. He only gave an estimated timescale. But of course as this is her 2nd and final litter I wondered if (as with ourselves) it can happen quicker. She is still not finding any place that she's comfortable and she has occasionally gone in the unit and bunched up the blanket, then to the cardboard box with a folded sheet and sometimes down the side of the lamp table unit. I've today bought some kmr just in case.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good you've bought KMR. Yes, I asked because once she's in strong labor it should progress more quickly since her muscles have done this before.