Not sure if this goes here, but what is the best way to pick a kitten

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it looks like there's a lot of cats on petfinder.org in your area. There's the "Friends of Felines Rescue Center", as well as shelters in Defiance County, Henry County, Wood County, Hancock County, and Allen County. Not sure how far away those are, but they all have pics of their cats. I just searched by zip code, picked "cats" and "adult" for the age. There's 50 listed for just those shelters.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i vote for a pair of adults - or older kittens, anyway - too. i got Pixel & Mouse as kittens, littermates - Cable as a kitten, foundling - Java as an older kitten, foundling - & Chip as an adult. my experience with him has been wonderful - such a loving, sweet boy! already neutered, a big plus! check at petfinders - when i was looking for Chip, i saw several pairs that they didn't want to split up. & they do shelters all over the place.

spikesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I agree with troutsmom - let them come to you...just make sure they've been vaccinated and dewormed, pink gums, healthy coat.
when i went to get my Spike he was there with his other brother and 3 sisters. i sat down with them on the floor and he was the first one that jumped into my lap, started purring and rubbed his forehead on the tip of my nose. i knew at that point he was mine. if i could have taken 2 of them i would have taken the other male since i was informed that they liked to play together the most. i felt really bad that i could not take them both but before i left the other male and one of the females were both adpoted at the same time. Spike is not an only "child" here as we have another male and a female that just had her first litter.