Not sure how things are going, or what to do next

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimi73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wanted to come back and give an update. After that awful weekend from the beginning of this post, we took the kittens in to do a meet and greet/get established visit with the vet and for the old guys senior visit. The vet recommended we do prozac for him because he was so stressed out she could hardly handle him and that was not how he usually had been other visits. So we got some, transdermal, so it goes on his ear. Just a low dose to see how he did...and after about 2.5 weeks we definitely saw a huge difference in him. He is back to his chill self and seems like a happy boy again. I honestly never thought things would work out, but the cats are all getting along. The kittens are almost 11 months old now and they have had free roam of the house with our old boy since shortly after I made this post. We separated them when things got rough but gradually let them have more and more time together. They aren't best friends, but they co-exist happily. Even nap on the same beds together...not against each other, but on the same bed. The old cat seems to like the female kitten and will play with her. They chase each other through the house and it's really cute. The other thing that is new as of the last few months is our old cat is playing with cat toys that the kittens have strung all over the house. Batting them around, rolling and kicking with them. He'd never done that before since we'd brought him home from the shelter. The only thing we're still working on is the male kitten tries to befriend him, and the old guy will swat the kitten if he gets too close to him, but they stay away from each other for the most part and are fine. They sit on different levels of a cat tree...or sleep on opposite sides of the same bed from each other...so I am hopeful that as the kittens get older and aren't so rambunctious they will become friends. It's not quite been 5 months since I posted, so I feel like there is a lot of hope going forward.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's really wonderful update. Maybe the boys will just learn to coexist and that's okay.