Not sure how much she should be eating now

mooncat89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, my black domestic short hair is exactly 11 months and I need to know exactly how much she should be eating. I just switched her to raw a month ago. Before, I would give her just enough so she wouldn't act hungry. Now she doesn't act hungry as before, but she looked a little on the chunky side last week. I only give her 9 grams more a day so I'm thinking something is different with the raw, also should I start feeding her twice a day instead of three times?

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can feed her threes times a day then stick with that but if you can't switch to two times a day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooncat89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, she weighs 10.84 lbs.

allison319

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been really curious about my girl too. She will be 1 year later this month and has been on raw since she was about 5 months. She has kept at about 9 lbs for months and she eats about 3.5 to 4 oz a day. She had left over food when I was feeding 3% of her weight so I feed about 2.75% and she was fine for a few months but now every time I go to the kitchen she paws the freezer and acts hungry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooncat89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally would add little more to her meals just so she doesn't act hungry. Do you have a vet? I'm sure they can help. I think I'm going to call the pet store or a shelter.