Not spraying~ but displaying Spraying like behavior

brighte

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have five cats ranging from 3-11 years in age. My youngest two cats, Male age 3 and Female age 5, are displaying spraying like behavior. Not constantly, but occasionally I will see them back up to an object I am standing near and wiggle their tails like they are spraying. They do not spay though. I am only concerned because I do not want this to turn into an actual spraying habit. The female has always displayed this habit, mostly while I was in the bathroom. She would walk in stand in front of me with her but to the wall and wiggle her tail while kneading with her front paws. More recently the younger male cat had started to display this habit. The two of them spend their nights in a kitty kennel together because they are very loud and obnoxious at night if they are not "put to bed". I feel bad because I am usually good with behavior problems, but I am throwing in the towel on this one.

Should I be worried about this behavior? and is there anything I can do to make them not do it?

Thank you for your input!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had cats that do this all their lives and never start actually 'spraying'. Casper always does this and my husband yells "stop pretend spraying!" I really don't think you will have anything to worry about, some cats do this and some don't!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brighte

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well that makes me feel better! I've had many cats in my life so far, but I had never has any that did this!