Not happy with my girls

catmum22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So some people would have seen me post and about my cats' habit of waking me up and playing at early hours in the morning well this morning at 4am I kicked then out of my room so they could sleep and one of them decided to pee in the bathroom to get back at me I'm sure cause they always use cat litters, so I've kicked them out of my room for rest of day oppions and advice I'm not sure if I'm going to let then sleep in my room anymore

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats really don't think like people do.  It is extremely unlikely she was trying to 'get back to you'.  Rather she was trying to tell you something- possibly that she was anxious, possibly that she wanted to get back into your room, possibly something else.  Cats aren't vindictive.

Based on the little I know from this post, if it were me, and I couldn't sleep with my cats in the room, and it was causing me stress to have them in there, I would not be letting them in there while I was sleeping, no.  Obviously though this is something you will have to decide.

Hopefully others can chime in.

chasetheblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I didn't have the cat-dog-roommate situation that I do, my cats would not be sleeping in my room. I love having their little furry selves to cuddle with but I hate being woken up by claws across my face because they think 3am is a good time to turn the bedroom into a race track. They never slept in my room before (weren't allowed in my room unsupervised, period)

They will probably be unhappy about it at first but over time they'll hopefully adjust. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmum22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok cool well they have plenty of toys and stuff to do downstairs and I'm going to miss them sleeping with me but I can't keep getting woken early hours of morning, and true it could of been more anxiety, although a part of me thinks my cats do think human like they are quite smart, but no more sleeping in the room I'll give them good hugs before bed to reassure them but I need my sleep