Not good news for Dushka - Kidney levels worse

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
The analysis came back with the result t hat the stones are struvite, and possibly dissolvable. So she is now on an S/D diet that could help with that. We are not yet going with sub-q fluids, but I will continue to give her extra by mouth, which she does not mind. I am keeping her quiet and away from the otrher cats, which she likes. Another vet appointment next week to see how we go.
Many :vibes: that the new diet works for her!

achristine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The analysis came back with the result t hat the stones are struvite, and possibly dissolvable. So she is now on an S/D diet that could help with that. We are not yet going with sub-q fluids, but I will continue to give her extra by mouth, which she does not mind. I am keeping her quiet and away from the otrher cats, which she likes. Another vet appointment next week to see how we go.
I've heard great things about that diet dissolving the struvite stones. Was she only a wet only diet before this episode? I'm only asking because I've heard that if cats are Feds only high quality wet that they aren't as likely to get the struvite stones. I switched all of mine over and am praying we neve have another issue with UTIs. *crossing fingers* that this works for you and your fur-baby!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard great things about that diet dissolving the struvite stones. Was she only a wet only diet before this episode? I'm only asking because I've heard that if cats are Feds only high quality wet that they aren't as likely to get the struvite stones. I switched all of mine over and am praying we neve have another issue with UTIs. *crossing fingers* that this works for you and your fur-baby!!!
She has always been on a mixed diet of grain free wet and urinary dry, with low-calcium mineral water.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning @JennyR  - How is your sweet girl today?  Fingers crossed she's feeling much better.  My Chestnut has been on Royal Canin S/O Since January when she got crystals and has been doing really well.

One trick I've learned is to take the food from the can -

dump it in a bowl to mix, make sure all the fat is off the lid, etc.  

then I get pipping hot water fill the can and swish all content around and dump over the food -

add 1 tablespoon of pumpkin -

then I use a Hand Blender to blend smooth.  

I serve what would be a small can of food - 5 oz or so - 

The first feeding is a little watery but then as the food chills in the fridge, it turns into a pudding like texture, and I still add warm water to that as I use for future feedings.

I keep 2 cans handy with the plastic lids that fit ( I got complementary from my pet store) to store in the fridge.

I add the pumpkin because the Royal Canin was constipating her.  

So in the end, Chess gets additional water and I get an extra day of meals out of the can, and at 2 dollars a can it adds up.  Then I feed her the Royal Canin Urinary S/O dry calorie controlled and I usually put out a 1/4 a day and she pics.  

1 can I usually get 3 to 4 extra meals.  She's been doing fantastic with this routine.  

Best to you...