Not eating breakfast

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My little manx mix kitten-4 1/2 mos.-has changed her eating habits the past two days. The only thing I can attribute it to is she's being fed her breakfast 1 hour earlier now that the kids are up earlier to go to school. She's fed 1oz. of a raw diet in the morning and usually gobbles it up. I noticed yesterday and especially this morning that she's not eating. I watched her try and "bury" her breakfast this morning. Any thoughts on why she would be doing this? Could it be the slight schedule change? Thanks!!

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mabby buries her food as well........I am not sure why they do this......But my cats get in eating moods as well....Sometimes they will gobble it down immedietly...and then other timees they wont even grace thier bowls with the presence for an hour or two after its filled.....

I am thinking cats have levels of hungry just like us....maybe they exerted less or more energy the day before.....I am not sure........

As a kitten I am not sure if this is good....has she been acting healthy otherwise...if it doesnt change soon maybe a visit to the vet is in order.........

though imo i woudlnt worry about it at least for now......good luck...lots of love to your kit

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lndscpsam

My little manx mix kitten-4 1/2 mos.-has changed her eating habits the past two days. The only thing I can attribute it to is she's being fed her breakfast 1 hour earlier now that the kids are up earlier to go to school. She's fed 1oz. of a raw diet in the morning and usually gobbles it up. I noticed yesterday and especially this morning that she's not eating. I watched her try and "bury" her breakfast this morning. Any thoughts on why she would be doing this? Could it be the slight schedule change? Thanks!!
We feed our cats a raw diet too. I've discovered that sometimes they just don't feel like eating it on a particular day, or they don't like the type they are being offered that day.
You might try offering her something entirely different to see if she's just bored with her regular food.
If she's not eating anything at all for more than 2 to 3 days, you need to find out why right away.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she acting normally otherwise? Any lethargy? Is she drinking? Using the litterbox ok?

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try offering her different food in the morning--could be she's just picky!
Is she still eating her dinner? If she isn't eating anything, I'd be concerned, but if she's eating later in the day, chances are she's just being a pill!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Try offering her different food in the morning--could be she's just picky!
Is she still eating her dinner? If she isn't eating anything, I'd be concerned, but if she's eating later in the day, chances are she's just being a pill!
Maybe she is just being a "pill". She's acting like her normal self and is eating throughout the day. I was just concerned when I saw her trying to bury it. I'll keep my eyes open for any other "signs" that something may be wrong. I'll also try the beef raw medallions instead of the chicken/turkey she's been having the past few days. Maybe she does prefer the beef? Thanks.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Changing a routine feeding time, will always throw a cat off a bit. I would be cautious on your raw diet though because bacteria is found in raw food (no matter how carefully you prepare it) If you see her with diarrhea, acting lethargic, the third eyelid creeping over- I would get her to the vet. She is acting out of instinct by burying her food- any food left in the wild is buried by the momcat or the alpha because food presence brings in predators. You can placate her by buying a large bandana, placing it underneath her food bowl, then she goes to bury it- the bandana covers the scent and the action stops. It has nothing to do with her being a "pill" she is acting out of pure instinct.