Not complaining, just curious.....

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever she gets into my pile of clean towels I have to rewash them!  They will be 11 in a little over a month; so I don't really remember when they started shedding.
Ahh, you don't understand. Those are called "decorations." :D

Margret

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may not have abandoned them.  She may be dead.  Sad, but it happens with feral cats.  And a young queen, likely with her first litter, likely from the first time she went into heat, would have been physically stressed by the pregnancy and found it hard to defend herself.

Tuxedo is a color pattern.  Black and white, like a man wearing a black tuxedo over a white shirt.  Look at the pictures of Mittens in Texts from Mittens if you want to see a tuxedo cat.  http://www.catster.com/topic/texts-from-mittens/

Most cats are, in fact, "mutts."  Only cats from breeders are recognized breeds.  Even if your cat met the standards for American Short Hair it wouldn't be an A.S.H. without a pedigree to back it up.

And "mutts" is not a pejorative.  Many breeds have physical problems as a result of all the inbreeding.  Genetic diversity is a good thing.

Margret
Give me a mutt any day. Healthier and more intelligent just like dogs of no breed.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
My two boys are both tux babies, with totally different coats. Oliver has a denser, slightly rougher coat and he definitely sheds. Oscar, on the other hand, is quite silky, with a very soft and thinner-feeling coat and I've never seen him shed. Nor has hair come off when I pet him, compared to Oliver.

nessie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Like some of the others have said, my cat used to never shed (or even need any brushing) when she was a small kitten. But after she turned 7 months old, she started shedding everywhere! She also has silky, fine fur like your cat, and that was part of why it took me a while to notice all the cat hairs in my apartment. It's hard to notice fine, individual hairs, but when I emptied out my vacuum cleaner last week, there were big clumps of greyish black hair inside LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no! [emoji]128568[/emoji] I'm gonna need a new vacuum!