Nose sore from trying to open door

Apple54321

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My indoor cats are kept shut in a room overnight, and has recently start getting a sore nose from pushing at the door. This started about two weeks ago at our old house and has continued at the our new house, we moved into a couple of days ago. When this behaviour started she had accidentally been let out of the room after bedtime, two nights in a row.

In new house they have been confined to one room with all their stuff for 24 hrs, and now letting them out in twhe rest of house during the day.

Any suggestions on how to stop this behaviour and prevent her nose being hurt?

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My indoor cats are kept shut in a room overnight, and has recently start getting a sore nose from pushing at the door. This started about two weeks ago at our old house and has continued at the our new house, we moved into a couple of days ago. When this behaviour started she had accidentally been let out of the room after bedtime, two nights in a row.

In new house they have been confined to one room with all their stuff for 24 hrs, and now letting them out in twhe rest of house during the day.

Any suggestions on how to stop this behaviour and prevent her nose being hurt?
Why can't You let them roam the whole house overnight As well ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Apple54321

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why can't You let them roam the whole house overnight As well ?
They wake us up during the night and we have a 4 month old baby, so any sleep is valuable. Also one of the cats is trying to make friends with baby and risk she tries to sleep in the cot.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They wake us up during the night and we have a 4 month old baby, so any sleep is valuable. Also one of the cats is trying to make friends with baby and risk she tries to sleep in the cot.
Do you have a basement Where the Kitty's can roam all night? If not some say That "Felway" mist works good in calming Cats.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Apple54321

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have a basement Where the Kitty's can roam all night? If not some say That "Felway" mist works good in calming Cats.
Unfortunately no basement, but we plan to let them have a larger overnight space soon, but at the moment the other cat who is most nervous appears to like the small room we keep them overnight, and retreats to it regularly.
Have a Feliway optimal plugin already. The cat trying to escape is extremely friendly and just wants to be with us. I'm trying to give her lots of attention and play during the day

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately no basement, but we plan to let them have a larger overnight space soon, but at the moment the other cat who is most nervous appears to like the small room we keep them overnight, and retreats to it regularly.
Have a Feliway optimal plugin already. The cat trying to escape is extremely friendly and just wants to be with us. I'm trying to give her lots of attention and play during the day
I guess then your doing what is needed. .