North America recognizes new breed!

thai dye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi CatSite members..

My name is Karen Godson, and I am here to announce some amazing news for all cat lovers! It may be especially of interest to Tonkinese lovers.

A brand new breed, the "Traditional Tibetan Cat" is now recognized and accepted for registration with Traditional Cat Association! This incredibly beautiful cat is a Long Hair Tonkinese, blending the sweet nature of a Burmese with the talkative and interactive but undemanding personality of the Balinese (aka Long Hair Siamese).

The original short haired Tonkinese is a cross between a Siamese and a Burmese. When crossing these two breeds, sometimes a long haired kitten appears due to the potential for long hair in the Siamese genes.

Because the Tonkinese is still a fairly young breed, further breedings to solidify the Tonkinese gene pool may include breeding Siamese to Tonkinese, Burmese to Tonkinese, Siamese to Burmese or Tonk to Tonk.

With our Tonkinese female and our Traditional Balinese male we have begun to develop the gorgeous Traditional Tibetan Cat here in Canada. The Traditional Tibetan differs from the Tibetan Cat developed by Agnes Driessen of the Netherlands. Agnes' Tibetans are of the more Classic and Wedge variety, whereas the new North American Traditional Tibetan Cat is bred from Traditional aka Applehead Siamese stock. This results in a head shape that is true to the original Siamese and therefore the resulting Tonkinese types.

Please join me in welcoming the Traditional Tibetan Cat to North America!

Karen

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute kitten, will take note when (or if i should say) TICA, CFA, GCCF etc. accept them

Last edited: