Normal size pee clumps in litter box?

Catlover579

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I am wondering what size are most cats pee clumps? I recently took in a stray cat and noticed her pee clumps are small and worried she may have a UTI. she's not showing any other symptoms and doesn't seem to be straining at the litterbox . Does not pee outside of the box. I have a male cat and his pee clumps are very large..he doesn't pee that often so when he does he pees alot. But my new cat, Jazzy her pee clumps are about size of a golf ball, sometimes little smaller. And she pees more often in a day than he does. Not like constantly but few times a day and are small clumps.I don't know if that is normal or should I be worried? I really don't want to take her the the vet again right now unless it's really necessary because she's scared of other people. (She was just taken to the vet to get shots and to get spayed last month)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. The size of a cat's pee clumps vary tremendously - also things like age and their body size play roles in this as well. Some cats pee once or twice a day and generally their pee clumps are fairly sizeable. Other cats pee several times a day and would therefore normally be smaller. Golf ball doesn't sound all that abnormal if it is multiple times a day. I would say to just keep an eye on it for a while and see if it stays consistent. As long as you know she is getting a decent amount of moisture through water and wet food, it is probably just her 'norm'.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would agree with the above. I have two cats and their pee size is so different that I can tell whose is whose. But when I had four cats it was another story, especially when one peed several times a day!

If Jazzy starts squatting any and everywhere, then I would suspect a UTI

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he Is a young cat that is normal. My Rainbow Bridge kitty and the one that I have now had larger clumps as they got older. The one that I have now is 16 and is in the early stages of CKD and she pees a lot compared to when she was a kitten and a young cat.