Norm Is Off To The Vet Tomorrow Morning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, of course he will...until the next time you go at him with a bottle of ear drops or a pill. :biggrin:
Hahaha - you must have my house bugged? Ear drops and antibiotic pill time was at midday today.Eardrops have stained my newly painted lounge walls with one high speed head shake and I found Norms "swallowed" tiny white pill fizzing on bathroom floor! I won round two by breaking pill into two pieces and loading them into a Mc Donald's drinks straw and softly using the South American blowpipe method! Worked a treat and didn't stress him one bit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of the straw method, very interesting!
I remembered seeing it on that "Bruce Parry - Amazon" series.He was in some obscure jungle in South America with a scary tribe of headhunters and to get into some sort of shamen drug induced trance they crushed up some tree bark and roots into a powder.Then they loaded it into a blowpipe and fired it up each other's noses.The resulting effect of hallucinations were pretty weird and very scary

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I finally got the Normster into the cat box and to his rebooked Vet appointment using the large towel suggested method! - Thankyou for that! It didn't start well - no biting or scratching but he saved up a massive poo for the examination table.He weighed in at just over a 1 Stone 8 Ibs but vet examined him thoroughly and gave him a full MOT - she said he's not fat but very muscular and solid.She took ear swabs to be sent to lab to determine his exact type of ear infection so they treat with the correct meds but meanwhile gave me antibiotic tablets and ear drops to treat and stop the itchiness driving him nuts.Bill as usual was a nasty shock but not as big a shock an inquisitive Golden Retriever had when he put his nose up against the wire grill of Norms cat box.Other than a fair bit of grizzling at being put in his cat box he behaved very well
:clap2::clap::hearthrob::redheartpump:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy is an ex-stray. The first time I took her to the vet she had just started coming inside for short visits. I researched the web and bought a cardboard carrier that opened at the top and closed securely. I held the carrier, Scott placed her inside and I closed & secured the top. We breathed a sigh of relief until she started tearing chunks out around an air hole and got her entire head out! At this time we didn't know if she would scratch or bite so we were really freaking out as we pushed her head back in using a small quilt which I wrapped around the violently jerking box. I grabbed the laundry basket put cat, box & quilt in and covered with a large towel. I held it on my lap in the car. We got a lot of odd looks as we entered the vets! I bought a hard carrier for our next visit & read all the different tricks to getting a cat into a front loading carrier and there are a lot! I ran across a nice simple calm approach called the 'blind superman' that works great for us. Normie may be too heavy for you to one arm lift him but I'll attach the video link. I've bought a larger top loading hard carrier. I left it out for her to check out but she ignores it.
Can't figure how to attach link but here is what it's called on you tube
Blind Superman Technique - An Easy Way to Get Your Cat in the Carrier
and this is what it shows at the end of the video.
20170826_090351.jpg

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby went through this yesterday ! We have to take grAcie to vets just to have her claws trimmed ! Yes I've tried everything and have a draw full of cat clippers and electric files. I'd rather pay £6 and have vet do it ! as soon as she saw the carry box she hid under the bed in a ball and nothing worked - dreamies the lot.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby went through this yesterday ! We have to take grAcie to vets just to have her claws trimmed ! Yes I've tried everything and have a draw full of cat clippers and electric files. I'd rather pay £6 and have vet do it ! as soon as she saw the carry box she hid under the bed in a ball and nothing worked - dreamies the lot.
Check out this video on you tube 'Blind Superman Technique - An Easy Way to Get Your Cat in the Carrier'

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We breathed a sigh of relief until she started tearing chunks out around an air hole and got her entire head out! At this time we didn't know if she would scratch or bite so we were really freaking out as we pushed her head back in using a small quilt which I wrapped around the violently jerking box. I grabbed the laundry basket put cat, box & quilt in and covered with a large towel. I held it on my lap in the car. We got a lot of odd looks as we entered the vets!
:lolup: You know, people who don't own cats have no idea the kind of life-enriching experiences they miss out on. Gypsy was workin' your problem-solving skills. You passed! :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are not afraid of the carrier at all. I leave it out all the time and they go in it all the time. They don't associate it with going to the vet at all, since they only go a couple times a year.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
My cats are not afraid of the carrier at all. I leave it out all the time and they go in it all the time. They don't associate it with going to the vet at all, since they only go a couple times a year.
I do this too with Charlie and he loves sleeping in it! The only problem is when I have to take him to the vet, he doesn't want to get in! It's like he knows...

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I do this too with Charlie and he loves sleeping in it! The only problem is when I have to take him to the vet, he doesn't want to get in! It's like he knows...
Of course he knows! Cats have a seventh sense about such things :lol: :lol2:
Gypsy won't go in the carriers when we leave them out.