Norm Is Off To The Vet Tomorrow Morning

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_0181.JPG
Norm is booked in with the local vet for 10.50 am tomorrow.Ive asked the vet to give him a full MOT and health checkup to weigh him accurately and give me an opinion on his weight and bulk! He is a very big boy and unbelievably heavy but he isn't fat or over fed- his bulk is solid and he is very muscular so will be interesting to hear a professionals comments/advice? I also want the vet to checkout his right ear as he is constantly cleaning it and shaking his head violently.He was examined 4/5 times in America for ear lice/mites etc but none were ever found! I've been giving him ear cleansing drops 3/4 times a week but his ear is still bothering him.When I recover from paying my contribution towards the Vets 2017 top of the range Volve Estate I will let you know their thoughts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well that didn't go according to plan? I tried coaxing Norm into the Dog carrier,pushing,Shoving- everything? He wasn't having any of it and after 40 minutes I threw the towel in cos I was exhausted! Round 2 next week

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I leave the carrier out all the time too. My cats are not afraid of it at all, they go in it all the time. If you just take it out when they are going to the vet, they are gonna know.

aradasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I recover from paying my contribution towards the Vets 2017 top of the range Volve Estate I will let you know their thoughts!
HAHAHAHAHA! That is so true! i have put some Doc's kids through college and then gone on to get them a yacht!

Good luck on the visit and looking forward to hearing from you about Norm.

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some people have luck by turning the carrier on its end and dropping the cat through the hole in the top.

I leave open carriers out all the time, and the cats occasionally sleep inside them so they are "easy" if I need them in one.
Norm suffers really badly from car sickness and his other hate is the Vet so when he spots the pet carrier it's everything he hates

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is it the type of carrier? I have a deaf cat who detests being in a soft carrier. Her hard carrier she is perfectly fine with and will go in without an ounce of trouble.

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I finally got the Normster into the cat box and to his rebooked Vet appointment using the large towel suggested method! - Thankyou for that! It didn't start well - no biting or scratching but he saved up a massive poo for the examination table.He weighed in at just over a 1 Stone 8 Ibs but vet examined him thoroughly and gave him a full MOT - she said he's not fat but very muscular and solid.She took ear swabs to be sent to lab to determine his exact type of ear infection so they treat with the correct meds but meanwhile gave me antibiotic tablets and ear drops to treat and stop the itchiness driving him nuts.Bill as usual was a nasty shock but not as big a shock an inquisitive Golden Retriever had when he put his nose up against the wire grill of Norms cat box.Other than a fair bit of grizzling at being put in his cat box he behaved very well

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I finally got the Normster into the cat box and to his rebooked Vet appointment using the large towel suggested method! - Thankyou for that! It didn't start well - no biting or scratching but he saved up a massive poo for the examination table.He weighed in at just over a 1 Stone 8 Ibs but vet examined him thoroughly and gave him a full MOT - she said he's not fat but very muscular and solid.She took ear swabs to be sent to lab to determine his exact type of ear infection so they treat with the correct meds but meanwhile gave me antibiotic tablets and ear drops to treat and stop the itchiness driving him nuts.Bill as usual was a nasty shock but not as big a shock an inquisitive Golden Retriever had when he put his nose up against the wire grill of Norms cat box.Other than a fair bit of grizzling at being put in his cat box he behaved very well
P.S. Just gone 10.00pm - 5 hours since Norms Vet appointment and he has still got the hump with me,ignoring me and staring me out! He will break soon and be snuggling up to me on sofa? The two girls on reception at the Vets made a genuine fuss of him!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a big crabby cat that saw the vet frequently for her failing kidneys. The easiest way of getting her in her carrier was to tip it on end and then drop her in feet first. The weight of her big body made it difficult for her to do much wriggling away.