Non Recognition Aggression After Bath?

Nyblueeyes1090

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have te two cats, Sophie and Kali, both siblings at about 8 months old who have always gotten along and look almost completely alike. We've given them baths before and aside from a little bit of ignoring us from both sides afterwards, it's never really been a problem. This is the first bath we gave them since they both were spayed and now Sophie is not tolerant of Kali at all. Kali is calm and pretty much back to her normal self but Sophie is hissing and growling at her whenever she gets close. Sophie has let my pick her up and is not aggressive towards me, just a little upset with me. I've tried luring the two together with their laser toy, which is Sophie's absolute favorite, and she still is aggressive towards Kali when she comes near. When I gave them treats next to one another, Kali was fine as usual but when Sophie was done eating she went back to her growling and hissing. I'm worried because they've been the best of friends since we got them at kittens and even with past baths this has never happened before. Please tell me this will pass!!!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nyblueeyes1090

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And if anyone knows what breed they are, I'm all ears! They are somewhat long-haired if that helps. Ears clipped by vet when spaying was done

Nyblueeyes1090

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They were both spayed about 2 1/2 months ago, it is completely healed and we have had no issues in that regard. And I did check for other injuries that may have happened during bathing but all her claws look good and she had no issue with me touching any part of her, even the belly area

Nyblueeyes1090

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my goodness, they are gorgeous!!
I don't know about breed What Breed Is My Cat?

But maybe, if you were to take a soft cloth, gently rub it on Kali and then rub Sophie, (do this a time or two throughout the day or as long as it takes) hopefully Sophie will become de-sensitized to Kali again...

How To Deal With Non-recognition Aggression In Cats
Thank you! I always rave about how gorgeous I think they are and it was so much better that they always got along great. That's why her behavior is bothering me so much!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Along with the cloth scent-ing, you could try some low volume classical harp music maybe, it's known to help relax cats :vibes::goodluck: