NomNomNow

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried this company? I like the fact that it's formulated by a vet nutritionist, and I think it would be an affordable food to add to my rotation. Now, if they would only expand their cats line to more than just chicken and fish...

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems decent. What's with the asparagus, cantalope, spinach, and carrot? I would also want to know what's in the "NomNomNutrient Mix."

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
This is the nutrient mix information (proprietary, of course):

What Is NomNomNutrient Mix? - NomNomNow

According to the website, the vegetables are added as a source of naturally occurring vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber.
Eh, I tend not to trust anything that bypasses giving information cause it's 'proprietary.' There are plenty of companies out there that list the full ingredient list. I want to know exactly what I'm feeding.

I also don't know that vegetables are the best source of nutrients for obligate carnivores who have trouble processing plant matter.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried them out for a few months. Olive seems to love it (although she tended to love all food back then) and it would be shipped in insulation with ice packs so it stayed fresh.

I stopped because I found the defrosting to be annoying and they were pricey compared to canned food. Also we had an IBD kitty at the time and I didn’t like that it was only chicken or fish. I thought it was high quality stuff though.

Rylka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wonder at some of their ingredients and wording that seems aimed more to get people to associate cat health with human health. I'm seriously skeptical of "that melon flavor cats can't resist" haha. But seriously, if they're depending on vegetables cut into chunks to make their food nutritionally complete it will only work if your cat eats the veggies. When I fed Frida Instinct, she ate around the peas and carrots half the time.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder at some of their ingredients and wording that seems aimed more to get people to associate cat health with human health. I'm seriously skeptical of "that melon flavor cats can't resist" haha. But seriously, if they're depending on vegetables cut into chunks to make their food nutritionally complete it will only work if your cat eats the veggies. When I fed Frida Instinct, she ate around the peas and carrots half the time.
my thought exactly, I'm sure my cats would eat around it.
I really don't like the fact that this food is packaged in small single use plastic and not in something that could be recycled.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
I like that it is fresh, but I don't like not knowing what's in the mysterious mix and the unnecessary veggies in the cat food. The Dr. dude also seems to be more focused on canine nutrition after doing a quick google search on him. That video he posted about what's in his mysterious mix was also just filled with vague statements that all sound fabulous on the surface but no real substantial information which irked me. I don't trust him.