no more squirrels because of cat?

Mr. Mojo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! I've had my cat Mojo for over a week now and live in a basement studio apt with a window high up with a nice wide ledge for my boy Mojo to sit and watch "cat tv". He will also sleep there for hours. However, before Mojo came along there used to be a lot of squirrels passing by the window or walking atop the neighbors fence so I hoped this would keep Mojo entertained. However since he arrived there are no squirrels to be seen. Is it possible they saw or smelled him and now are staying away? It's weird since there are 2 other cat's in my building and they go outside and hang around the yard yet this never bothered the squirrels before. I guess it's possible they are still walking by but I just miss them. Mojo still loves to look out the window to look at the birds and flying bugs or nap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mr. Mojo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha! 20 mins after my post I look and there's Mojo looking out the window at the squirrel sitting on the neighbors fence eating something... :flail:

Mr. Mojo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, good! Cat TV for Mojo. :clapcat:
Oh yes he spends hours up there. It's high up above the rest of the room so he can also survey his indoor territory ( and me) as well. I need to catify my walls with shelves so he can walk across them or sleep on them too if he wants. 👍

Mr. Mojo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats love watching the activity at the bird feeder I put outside the window. Maybe your cat would enjoy the same.
While that is a great idea I live in a basement apt so putting a bird feeder in front of my window wouldn't work for me. Now with autumn just around the corner the squirrel activity (looking for food to store) has picked up though.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
There are bird feeders that stick to glass w/ suction cups…